Saturday, January 26, 2008




I was given a lot of advise about dating by numerous people. My parents, young women leaders, friends, even my siblings. Some of their advise included "Don't date before you're 16", "Don't single date until you're 18", "Don't stay out past curfew", "Only date boys with high standards", "Play on the offense" (which meant 'flirt' according to my sister) and other such jewels of knowledge. But NEVER, amongst all the imparting of wisdom by my elders, did anyone ever advise me NOT to wear a see-through shirt when around black lights. That little tidbit of information could have come in very handy as I prepared to go on my 3rd date with Ryan. Featured to the left is a picture of us posing in our 70s attire as we prepared to go disco skating. Look very closely at the shirt adorning my body. Look VERY closely. It seems completely non-transparent. Surprisingly enough, however, it becomes extremely transparent when under black lights. Of course I didn't notice this magical change as I was skating away to Abba songs, but Ryan sure did. I think his exact words were, "Um Tina, every time you skate under one of those black lights, your bra lights up." That was a proud moment in my life and I reflect upon it with much fondness and not with any embarrassment whatsoever.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Don't worry. you are not alone! I too am a victim of my bra lighting up on a date. you are lucky he told you though because Randy thought it was awesome and didn't tell me about it until after we were done bowling for the night. We should start a club or support group for this don't you think?